It seems like yesterday when I first held my newborn baby in my arms. I marveled at how amazing it seemed to finally meet my baby and I was even more awestruck at how small she really seemed. Touching her little hand and her tiny toes...holding her little body close to mine...just thinking about those times makes me feel so happy.
I truly have enjoyed every moment of her growth and look forward to applauding her everchanging abilities but I miss those first few months. Today is her 11 month "birthday" and I can't believe where all the time has gone. I am amazed at how much bigger she has become and how much more capable she is. In one short month my baby will be ONE and she will be one year closer to "growing up". This concept of growing up doesn't scare me...or sadden me. It does however help me to realize that as she grows up my role as her mother will change. I love being the center of her world. I know that she NEEDS me and WANTS me around all the time...and well, that makes me feel great!! But I know as she gets older and her needs change...so will our relationship. I understand I need to accept my changing role and always be the supportive rock who provides her with unconditional love.
It makes me look back at my relationship with my mother as I grew up...as a child she was my MOM...as a teenager she was my enemy...as a young adult she was my support...and now as a MOM she is my best friend.
So although I know I'll miss these times, I also know that I have a lot to look forward to. Our challenges will come and go...but the love I have for my Lauren is EVERLASTING.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment