When I think of family before my Little K came along I think of .... my hubby and I living our lives totally involved with each other's daily activities, going out on weekend "date nights", and going on couple vacations. Life today is a far cry from "that" reality. But the word "family" has a very new meaning for me and for us. Family now includes someone new, and our previous "date nights" have been transformed to "family nights" with the two of us totally engaged in watching our Little K play in her playroom amazed by what we brought into this world.
As a new mom I have become completely devoted to my baby and that sometimes means that hubby takes a back seat to her needs.
But from the beginning he has been so supportive of me being a dedicated MOM and also takes an active role in her care. To Little K, daddy is....the nighttime go to sleep guy, the swim coach, the airplane simulator, the gymnastics teacher, and the peek a boo guy that suddenly pops up throughout the day.
There are many Dads out there that don't feel its their job to "raise" the kids when they work full time and support the household. How lucky is Little K to have a dad who does such a great job at that AND is 100% dedicated to being a DAD first. And how lucky am I to have him as a husband. So Mr. Kayak thanks for being the BEST DAD and HUBBY Ever. I know its not Father's Day but I think that Great Dads need to be told so everyday.....just like Great Moms (wink, wink).

Hey, you're blogging too! Yay!!
ReplyDelete